"He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron."

P.G.Wodehouse


sunnuntai 24. helmikuuta 2008

Floating on air


I was waterjogging one day, and came to think about (competitive) diving and it's zen-like aspect. What I mean by that is the way how you can always thrive for the perfect performance and never reach that goal, in a similar way you can never have perfect tea seremony or perfect origami.

Perhaps that is why this one lady I've seen diving seems so content and happy. She is on a journey wich end she will never reach..

-----------------------------
Olin vesijuoksemassa eräänä päivänä ja aloin miettimään uimahyppäämistä ja sen zeniläistä olemusta. Tarkoitan sillä sitä, miten uimahyppäämisessä voit yrittää saavuttaa täydellisen lopputuloksen, siihen koskaan pääsemättä, kuten noudattaessasi teeseremoniaa tai tehdessäsi origamin.

Ehkä siksi eräs nainen, jonka olen nähnyt hyppäämässä Helsingissä, näyttää niin onnelliselta ja tyytyväiseltä. Hän matkalla kohti päämäärää, jota ei koskaan tule saavuttaamaan..


By Crumpet

Ei kommentteja: