"He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron."

P.G.Wodehouse


sunnuntai 27. heinäkuuta 2008

I happen to like New York..

Bean & Crumpet decided yesterday, that instead of going to Rome (again) next spring, to choose New York instead! :)

By the words of Cole Porter (this song marvellously opens Woody Allen's Broadway Danny Rose) - here we come!

I HAPPEN TO LIKE NEW YORK

I happen to like New York, I happen to like this town.

I like the city air, I like to drink of it,

The more I know New York the more I think of it.

I like the sight and the sound and even the stink of it.

I happen to like New York.

I like to go to Battery Park and watch those liners booming in.

I often ask myself, why should it be that they come so far across the sea.

I suppose it's because they all agree with me. They happen to like New York.

Last Sunday afternoon I took a trip to Hackensack,

But after I gave Hackensack the once over, I took the next train back.

I happen to like New York. I happen to love this burg.

And when I have to give the world a last farewell,

And the undertaker starts to ring my funeral bell,

I don't want to go to heaven, don't want to go to hell.

I happen to like New York. I happen to like New York.

By Crumpet

-------------

B&C päätti eilen, että suunnitellun Rooman (uusinta)matkan sijaan lähdemmekin New Yorkiin! :)

Cole Porterin sanoin (tämä laulu muuten avaa upeasti Woody Allenin elokuvan Broadway Danny Rose) - täältä tullaan!

By Crumpet

Ei kommentteja: